Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hike Lake O'Hara

August 2011
Lake O’Hara is one of the Premier Hikes of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.




 


















Lake O'Hara must be one of the most beautiful places on earth.  Spectacular views of glacier-clad peaks, surreal mountain lakes, alpine meadows, and rushing icy streams of glacial melt. 

Rugged alpine vegetation and wildflowers growing in a harsh environment.  Pikas, marmots, and goats are at home.We hiked and climbed for 3 glorious, rugged, challenging days.   We camped and enjoyed cosy fires together for 2 nights.

 


 











It takes some grit and determination to see this jewel. 
Most Ostomates will never experience Lake O’Hara.
My Colostomy enabled me to experience Lake O’Hara.
My family enjoys camping and hiking, and connects easily with the natural world.
 After cancer and surgery, I simplified life to do more of what I want to do
and less of what others think I am obligated to do.
I now have more time to spend with family, doing the things we enjoy.

Yes we can.  Ostomates can experience rugged places.

No comments:

Post a Comment